Focusing on the Mineral Resources and Energy sectors in Africa, EmiAfrican clients include the largest multi-national, mid-tier, and junior mining companies. Projects are undertaken to both in country legal requirements (DRC Mining Regulation published in 2003) and international standards such as the Equator Principles, IFC Performance Standards and World Bank Group Guidelines.
EmiAfrican services are provided over the entire life cycle of an operation from early engagement prior to exploration, securing of exploration rights, services during the exploration phase, prefeasibility studies, definitive feasibility studies, construction, operational phase, closure planning and implementation, as well as post closure monitoring. We have familiarity with the DRC, Zambian Mining Code and Regulation with regard to the environment and other international standards. These include:
- SEIA (Social and Environmental Impact Assessment);
- MRP: (Mitigation and Rehabilitation Plan);
- EA (Environmental Audits: Closure audit and internal audit); and
- EAR (Environmental Annual Report).
- Monitoring support
A selection of clients across EmiAfrican’s global Mining sector includes:
- MMG Kinsevere,
- Phelps Dodge Congo SARL| subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan,
- Dathcom and Okapi Resources
- Rwashi Mining
- Scorpion Mineral Ressources